Best Way for Spreading Christmas Cheer is Singing Loud for All to Hear
We, at the Kidney Foundation Southern Alberta branch, are singing to you and singing your praises.
We’re delighted to share the One Life Video that transpired from this year’s incredible Kidney March. We hope you love it as much as we do. Click here to read more.
Here’s a fun and scary reason to register for Kidney March 2013 now. Our friends at ScreamWorks (you might remember Mike and Maureen from one of our sweep vans this year) are offering two free VIP tickets to Scream Fest to everyone who registers as a Marcher or Crew member before Halloween.
If you’ve already registered for KM 2013, please let us know if you’d like your Scream Fest tickets and we’ll see that you get them. Scream Fest is a lot of fun and these VIP Speed Passes will mean that you can skip to the front of the line. You can learn a little more about Scream Fest here: http://www.screamfest.ca/
With Kidney March just around the bend, it’s time to talk specifics. Important specifics. Such as, where to show these remarkable folks some love along the 100K route, loud and proud. We’ve got to tell you, friends of Kidney March, there is nothing quite like seeing some familiar faces a long the way while you are out blazing the kidney trail for days. A pick me up like that is one of the very, very best feelings in the world.
For safety reasons, we cannot allow impromptu stops along the route. So, to keep our Marchers safe and sound, we have set up and designated a few stops throughout the route to accommodate supporters coming out to cheer them on. Below, you’ll find many o’ opportunity to join us, whether it’s for the Opening Ceremony, Closing Ceremony, on route cheering stops or all of the above (er, below).
1) September 7th @ 6:50am – Opening Ceremonies at Millarville Racetrack
2) September 8th @ 7:30am – Hwy 66 and Powderface Trail Head (Day 2 Starting point)
3) September 8th @ 9:45am – Hwy 66 and Allen Bill Pond picnic Area
4) September 8th @ 1:00pm – Bragg Creek Strip mall by Shell Station
5) September 9th @ 10:00am – Springbank Park School
6) September 9th @ 2:45 pm at Canada Olympic Park Festival Tent – (Closing Ceremonies) to begin approximately 3 pm. Free Parking at COP.
We hope you’ll join us as we bask in the awesomeness that is Kidney March weekend. Homemade signs optional (but always a huge hit).
Kidney March is about doing the most you can do to support kidney disease research and patient programs. As part of the Kidney March family, Crewing is an essential, rewarding experience that will have you coming back for more.
Here are the top 3 reasons why you should sign up to Crew today:
1) Much like our kidneys, Crew members are the vital, behind the scenes support for our Marchers. They provide all types of services ranging from pit stop set up to traffic support to everything in between. Regardless of your skills or interests, there is a place for you in the KM Crew family!
2) Want to support a friend or family member who’s Marching? Start a team! Crew members have to opportunity to join teams with other Marchers and Crew. Being part of a team gives you a chance to meet inspiring new people, develop amazing support networks and build relationships that last a lifetime; it all starts with Crewing.
3) Worried about fundraising or not sure how to get involved? No problem! Crew members are not obligated to fundraise which gives new fundraisers the perfect opportunity to get their feet wet with fundraising. In the past, many of our Crew members were so surprised at the amount they were able to fundraise that they have switched to Marching midway through their campaigns.
In short, Kidney March cannot happen without Crew members and we could not do this with out you. Join us? We hope so….