FROM OUR BLOG
How to be successful at fundraising
What do Richard, Linda, Jane, Jeff & Cassidy have in common when it comes to fundraising? All have been very successful in reaching their fundraising goals.
How did they do it? By going door to door. Now I know that it may seem very daunting, but trust me….this is different. This technique has been so successful year after year for them that they have reached their goals in a very short time.
So, what’s the secret? Well, they get dressed up in their Kidney March gear and arm themselves with a lot of donation forms and Kidney March brochures. Sometimes, they have prepared 50/50 tickets to offer as well. Then they go to their neighbours, share their personal stories and ASK! It’s that simple.
So, why not try it? Here are some pointers before you get going door to door.
1. Personalize your personal fundraising page. Ask our Kidney March team if you need help with it. Drive your friends, family and neighbours to your personal page. Especially if you are going door to door, people may want to give securely online.
2. Have a 50/50 raffle. We will get the license for you. It is another thing you can offer your neighbours when you go knocking on their door. Who doesn’t want a chance to win some money!
3. Ask us for marketing material such as posters, pamphlets, brochures, donation forms, registration forms and even signage for events you may have.
4. Practice what you will say in advance. The reason you are taking part in Kidney March is your best story. But also remember this is Canada’s longest, largest single awareness and fundraising event for kidney disease and organ donation. So ASK, ASK, ASK. Ask your friends and neighbours to help you reach your goal.
Here are some other fundraising ideas:
• Email everyone you know with your fundraising page link and ASK. What’s the worst thing people can say? NO? From experience, many will say YES.
• Use your social media outlets! Post, Tweet, Hashtag…
• Host a Bake sale.
• Hold a Kidney Clothes donation drive. Did you know that you can get credit for the clothes you donate to Kidney Clothes? Ask us how.
• Run a Raffle/Silent Auction (ask local businesses for prizes they can donate). Remember to contact us about tax receipting and the license.
• Bottle drives are excellent because not only can you ask for bottles you can also ask for donations when collecting the bottles. Win, Win.
• Host a fundraising BBQ with friends, co-workers, family…and charge a fee. People will be happy to pay it to help the cause.
• Check with your employer to see if they match employee fundraising.
• Think outside the box. There are countless ideas on how to fundraise out there!
Read more Join our cause and follow us:
Check out our Kidney March store for apparel and accessories! Photo Gallery Video Gallery
Monday, May 30, 2016
Kidney Foundation Office
6007 1A St SW, Calgary
Join us for an hour of inspiration and answers as a Kidney March specialist shares why we are marching, what to expect at the march and how to get from here to the march with your funds raised and body trained.
Earn a Free FitBit
April 17-May 28, 2016
By being one of the first 50 people to raise an additional $700 to your existing fundraising total in this time frame
Tuesday, May 31
6 – 8pm
Edworthy Park, meeting at Angel’s Cafe
Join Brynn from the Kidney March team for a 10km training walk along the Bow River.