Best Way for Spreading Christmas Cheer is Singing Loud for All to Hear
We, at the Kidney Foundation Southern Alberta branch, are singing to you and singing your praises.
I’m dreaming of a white Christmas
Just like the ones I used to know
Where the tree tops glisten
And children listen
To hear sleigh bells in the snow
‘Tis the season to celebrate the people in our lives and reflect on the joys, triumphs and tribulations the past year has brought. But most of all, ’tis the season of hope.
You are the hope, the potential and the possibility when it comes to ending kidney disease. Together, we have put a lifesaving cause on the map and pushed the frontier of heroism in the right direction. Since the inception of Kidney March in 2010, almost three million dollars has been raised to support kidney disease prevention, lifesaving research, and organ donation initiatives. 2014 marks a very special year at the Foundation; not only is it our 5th Annual Kidney March but it is also the 50th anniversary of The Kidney Foundation of Canada.
With your help, let’s keep the momentum going. This holiday season, let everyone dear to you know that you are once again choosing to do something extraordinary! Let each one know that you are giving them the lasting gift of hope by registering to participate in the nation’s most powerful movement to end kidney disease. When you join Kidney March, you create hope for all those living with kidney disease and their families. You also build hope for early diagnosis, better treatment and a cure. What better song is there to sing loud for all to hear than this? Please join us for Kidney March 2014. Wendy Walsh (pictured below) lives on the hope that no other child has to fight kidney disease.
Wendy Walsh marched in Kidney March 2013 shortly after she donated a kidney to her beautiful daughter Opal, then 2 years old. When asked why Kidney March is so important, she replied “I want to ensure I have done all I can to fight the disease that almost stole my daughter from me.”
5 Reasons why registering for Kidney March before the end of the year would be awesome(r)…
1) You’ll be setting yourself up for an incredible 2014. While the accomplishment of completing Kidney March will be rewarding, cathartic and absolutely life-changing, the journey along the way and the people you share it with will be imprinted in your heart and soul forever. We guarantee.
2) You get the gift of time and peace of mind. You are ahead of the game, and then some to get a jump start on your training and fundraising.
3) You have over eight months to recruit friends and family to join you on this pilgrimmage to stand up to kidney disease. The experience of Kidney March is further sweetened when paired with friends and family.
4) Have everything you need already? In lieu of Christmas gifts, ask your loved ones to donate to your Kidney March 2014 adventure. Bonus Fact – Donations made to you by December 31st, 2013 are all eligible for tax receipts for this year.
5) Possibly the best reason to register now: The effects of inspiration are far spread and unpredictable. When you set out on the journey to do incredible things, you never know who you are affecting as a by-product.